A menu cover is a great way to add a touch of personality and style to your cafe's menu. It can also help to protect the menu from wear and tear, and make it easier for customers to find what they're looking for.
In this guide, we'll discuss the different types of menu covers available, the design elements to consider, and the materials and printing options that are best suited for cafes. We'll also provide tips on designing your menu covers and answer some frequently asked questions.
Types of menu covers
There are many different types of menu covers available. The biggest variations come with size, material and the way your brand is added to the menu. Some of the most popular types of menu covers include:
- Hardcover menu covers: Hardcover menu covers are typically made from a thick, durable material, such as leather or synthetic material mounted on a thick card. They offer a high level of protection for your menu, making them ideal for busy cafes and restaurants.
- Concealed cord menu covers: these can be made from most materials and provide a simple stretch cord which you slide your folded menu behind. The cord is not seen on the outside of the menu as it is concealed in a tube which is part of the menu construction.
- Tab fix menu covers: If you require your menus to be inserted into clear pvc pockets, the tab fix menu is the one to go for. The inserts have holes in the correct place to secure them to the cover.
- Screw fixing menu covers: two or four screw fixings are most popular with visible or hidden internal screw make up. Some people consider them fiddly to assemble but if you are not changing your menu monthly then these are a good solution.
Design elements to consider
When designing a menu cover for your cafe, there are a few key elements to keep in mind. These include:
- The overall look and feel of the menu cover should be consistent with the rest of your cafe's branding. Using your brand colours and logo will assist in this.
- The menu cover should be durable.
- The menu cover should be visually appealing and attention-grabbing.
In addition to these general design elements, you may also want to consider the following specific elements when designing your menu cover:
- The font you use should be easy to read and should be consistent with the rest of your cafe's branding.
- The colours you use should be complementary and visually appealing.
- If you choose a printed menu, the images you use should be relevant to your cafe and should help to create a positive impression of your business.
By carefully considering all of these elements, you can create a menu cover that is both visually appealing and effective in communicating your cafe's message to potential customers.
When designing a menu cover for your cafe, there are a few key elements to consider in order to create a visually appealing and effective design.
First, you need to think about the overall look and feel of the menu cover. Do you want it to be modern and minimalist, or more traditional and elegant? Once you have a general idea of the style you want, you can start to choose colours, fonts, and images that will help to create the desired look and feel.
Another important element to consider is the layout of the menu. How will you organize the information on the menu cover? Will you list the items by category, or alphabetically? Will you include photos of the food? The layout of the menu cover should be easy to read and understand, so that customers can quickly find the items they are looking for.
Finally, you need to think about the functionality of the menu cover. Will it be durable enough to withstand wear and tear? Will it be easy to clean? The functionality of the menu cover is just as important as its design, as it needs to be able to withstand the everyday use of your customers.
Printing and binding options
There are a variety of printing and binding options available for menu covers, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. The best option for you will depend on the format of your menu, the desired look and feel of your menu, and the number of menus you need to print.
Some of the most popular printing and binding options for menu covers include:
- Foil Printing: Your logo is embossed using gold, silver or coloured foil, leaving an elegant print of your logo.
- Digital printing: This provides more options than foil printing. Digital printing is ideal for including detail in different colours or white print on a black material.
- Blind Embossing: This process is where the design is embossed into the material without adding a foil colour. Some materials work better than others, our helpful team can guide you one the best material for your design.
In addition to printing, you will also need to decide how to bind your menu covers. The most common binding options include:
- Tab fix
- Concealed cord
- Grip fix
- Screw fix
- Magnetic fixing
Once you have decided on a printing and binding method, you can start creating your menu covers. Be sure to keep the following tips in mind:
- Use high-quality images and fonts.
- Make sure the text is easy to read.
- Keep the design simple and uncluttered.
- Use a consistent colour scheme.
By following these tips, you can create beautiful and effective menu covers that will help your café stand out from the competition.
Displaying your menu covers
Once you have designed and printed your menu covers, it's important to market them effectively so that customers know about them. Here are a few tips:
- Display your menu covers prominently in your café.
- Include your menu covers in your marketing materials, such as your website, social media, and email newsletters.
- Offer discounts or promotions on menu covers to encourage customers to buy them.
- Branded products are great for customers to include in their social media posts and help build your presence on social media.
By following these tips, you can help to increase brand awareness for your venue and generate more business for your café.
Here are some frequently asked questions customers ask us about their menu covers for cafes:
What is the best material for a menu cover?
What size should a menu cover be?
How do I design a menu cover that will appeal to my customers?
Where can I buy or print menu covers?
How do I market my menu covers?
Our helpful team will happily help you with these questions on 0161 763 1072
If you are ready to start designing and printing your own menu covers, be sure to check out our selection of high-quality menu covers and templates. We offer a wide variety of sizes, styles, and materials to choose from, so you can create the perfect menu cover for your café.
Visit our selection of menu covers learn more or call to speak with our team.