What is an A-Board?
An A-Board is a type of signboard that is typically used for advertising or promotional purposes. It is usually made from wood, metal, or plastic and consists of two panels that are hinged together so they can be folded up for easy storage and transportation. The panels are often printed with the same design on both sides, allowing them to be seen from either direction.
Boards are a popular choice for businesses, as they are lightweight and easy to move around. They can be used both indoors and outdoors, making them ideal for use in busy areas such as shopping centres or high streets. A-Boards can also be used to promote special offers or discounts, as well as providing information about the business or product being advertised.
A-Boards come in a variety of sizes and styles, so it is important to choose the right one for your needs. For example, if you are looking for a board that can be seen from a distance, then you may want to opt for a larger size with bolder colours. On the other hand, if you are looking for something more subtle then a smaller board with muted colours may be more suitable.
Why are they called, for example a restaurant A-board?
A-Boards are often referred to as restaurant A-boards because they are commonly used by restaurants and other food establishments to advertise their menus, specials, and promotions. The 'A' in A-Board stands for 'advertising', which is why these boards are so popular with businesses looking to promote their products or services. They can be placed outside the establishment or in a prominent location inside, making them highly visible to potential customers.
What sizes are A-boards?
The size of an A-Board will depend on the purpose for which it is being used. For example, if you are looking for a board that can be seen from a distance, then you may want to opt for a larger size with bolder colours. On the other hand, if you are looking for something more subtle then a smaller board with muted colours may be more suitable. Generally speaking , A-Boards come in sizes ranging from A2 (420mm x 594mm) to A0 (841mm x 1189mm).
5 reasons people use A-frame boards for advertising?
1. Visibility: A-Boards are highly visible and can be seen from a distance, making them ideal for businesses looking to promote their products or services.
2. Portability: A-Boards are lightweight and easy to move around, so they can be used both indoors and outdoors in busy areas such as shopping centres or high streets.
3. Cost-Effective : A-Boards are a cost-effective way to advertise, as they require minimal investment and can be used for a long period of time.
4. Versatility: A-Boards come in a variety of sizes and styles, so it is easy to find one that suits your needs.
5. Customisable: A-Boards can be customised with logos, colours, and text, making them a great way to create a unique and eye-catching advertisement.
What is the difference between A-boards and sandwich boards?
The main difference between A-Boards and sandwich boards is the way they are constructed. A-Boards are typically made from wood, metal, or plastic and consist of two panels that are hinged together so they can be folded up for easy storage and transportation. Sandwich boards, on the other hand, are usually made from a single piece of material such as corrugated plastic or cardboard and feature a single panel that is held up by two poles. Sandwich boards are typically used for more temporary promotional purposes, such as handing out flyers or displaying menus.
5 places A-boards are displayed?
A-Boards are highly versatile and can be used in a variety of locations. Here are five places where A-Boards are commonly displayed:
1. Restaurants: A-Boards are often used by restaurants to advertise their menus, specials, and promotions. They can be placed outside the establishment or in a prominent location inside, making them highly visible to potential customers.
2. Shopping Centres: A-Boards are a great way to advertise in shopping centres, as they can be easily moved around and placed in high traffic areas.
3. High Streets: A-Boards are often used on high streets to promote local businesses or events. They can be seen from a distance, making them an effective way to draw attention to your business or event.
4. Trade Shows: A-Boards are a great way to draw attention to your booth at trade shows, as they can be easily moved around and placed in prominent locations.
5. Outdoor Events: A-Boards are often used at outdoor events such as festivals or concerts, as they can be seen from a distance and provide an effective way to promote your business or event.
Do you need permission to put up an A-board?
In most cases, you will need to obtain permission from the local authorities before putting up an A-Board. Depending on where you live, this may require a permit or other form of approval. It is important to check with your local council or other relevant authority to ensure that you are complying with any applicable regulations. Additionally, some businesses may require permission from their landlord or property owner before placing an A-Board on their premises.
Are A-boards waterproof?
Yes, A-Boards are typically waterproof and can withstand most weather conditions. Most A-Boards are made from materials such as wood, metal, or plastic that are designed to be durable and resistant to water damage. Additionally, many A-Boards feature a protective coating or sealant that helps to further protect them from the elements. However, it is important to check with the manufacturer to ensure that the A-Board you are purchasing is waterproof.
7 things I include on my A-Board design?
Here's 7 things you can include:
1. Your business logo
2. Contact information
3. Promotional offers or discounts
4. Eye-catching visuals or graphics
5. Product images and descriptions
6. Clear, concise text with a call to action
7. Social media links
How long do BHMA's A-boards take to make?
The BHMA A-boards are made to order and typically take 3-7 working days to manufacture. However, if you need your A-board in a hurry, we offer an express service which can have your A-board ready for dispatch within 24 hours.